Starting college as a high school student

SC4 accepts high school students in several programs.

Dual-enrolled (DE) or High School Guest status

As a high school student, you can begin taking college classes as early as your freshman year, and age-appropriate home-schooled students can get a head start by taking college credit courses prior to graduation. You may qualify for tuition assistance through your local school district. Fill out this application.

Blue Water Middle College Academy (BWMCA)

Blue Water Middle College Academy logoThe Blue Water Middle College Academy is chartered by the St. Clair County Regional Educational Service Agency (RESA) and reflects a unique partnership between the RESA, St. Clair County Community College and five county school districts: Algonac, Capac, Memphis, Port Huron and Yale.

Students take their high school courses at one of the partnering high schools. Their college courses are taken at St. Clair County Community College.

Students enrolling in the Blue Water Middle College Academy become students of the middle college but are allowed to play sports and participate in normal extracurricular activities at their local high school through agreements between the middle college and the local districts.

As a BWMCA student, you can finish with your high school diploma and an associate degree from SC4. College tuition is paid for by the middle college. Students apply in the spring of their sophomore year, and more than half of every cohort goes on to study at a 4-year university.

For more information, visit the Blue Water Middle College Academy website.

Croswell-Lexington Early College (CL5)

Earn your high school diploma and an associate degree from SC4 in five years. The partnership is open to Croswell-Lexington High School students. Classes are offered at the Cros-Lex College Center and on SC4's Port Huron campus. Funding is provided through the school district. For more information, visit the high school counseling office or call the high school at (810) 679-1500.