Complete the below form to submit writing entries (essays, poetry, short stories) for Patterns, a magazine of student writing and art that has been published annually since 1959. If you are submitting multiple entries, please refresh this form page and submit a new form for each entry.
- Any enrolled student at SC4 in this calendar year (i.e. winter, summer and/or fall) is eligible to submit work for consideration. Winners will be notified by mail and will be honored at a reception April 2020.
- Your name should be on the entry form, but NOT on your manuscript. Double-check headers.
- All manuscripts should be typed and double spaced in a Microsoft Office Word file.
- Poems of any length and form will be accepted. No more than 10 poems per student may be submitted.
- Short stories should not exceed 15 pages.
- Essays are nonfiction prose pieces. All fiction must be submitted in the short story category. Essays may be either nonfiction creative “personal essays” or academic essays such as those assigned as part of a college class. Essays should not exceed 10 pages.
- Proofread your work carefully.
The deadline for written composition is Dec. 13, 2019.