Unfortunately, due to Covid-19, the Experience Center and Dr. Bassam H. Nasr Natural Science Museum is closed to the public through March 31, 2021. Please check back for updates.
In 2018, SC4 announced an official partnership with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum on the college’s 10,000-square-foot Experience Center, which offers interactive exhibits on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (known as STEAM programming).
Located in SC4’s Clara E. Mackenzie Building, the Experience Center houses a hands-on center and the Dr. Bassam H. Nasr Natural Science Museum. The museum has the largest collection of fossil artifacts in the Michigan Thumb region.
Visit the Experience Center
- Take in larger-than-life exhibits, including a woolly rhinoceros skeleton replica, T-Rex and Mastodon skull replicas, petrified objects, and a bird gallery
- Study mammoth bones unearthed in Huron County
- Enjoy various permanent and rotating exhibits
- Explore visitor favorites and mold sand by hand to bring the landscape to life in an augmented-reality sandbox
- Find artifacts in the fossil dig
Visit the Experience Center:
- 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday
Schedule a school or community trip to the Experience Center
Self-guided and guided Experience Center tours are available for school or community field trips. For more information, contact (810) 989-5789 or email@example.com.
SC4 and the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum celebrated the launch of the Experience Center with a Super Science Day field trip sneak preview of the new partnership. Students from the STEAM Academy at Woodrow Wilson attended and a video of their experience is below. (Please note that Super Science Day provided additional unique experiences and that the Experience Center will continue to evolve over time.)