In 2018, SC4 announced an official partnership with the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum on the college’s 10,000-square-foot Experience Center, which offers interactive exhibits on science, technology, engineering, arts and math (known as STEAM programming).
Located in SC4’s Clara E. Mackenzie Building, the Experience Center houses a hands-on center and the Dr. Bassam H. Nasr Natural Science Museum. The museum has the largest collection of fossil artifacts in the Michigan Thumb region.
Visit the Experience Center
- Take in larger-than-life exhibits, including a woolly rhinoceros skeleton replica, T-Rex and Mastodon skull replicas, petrified objects, and a bird gallery
- Study mammoth bones unearthed in Huron County
- Enjoy various permanent and rotating exhibits
- Find artifacts in the fossil dig
Visit the Experience Center:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Schedule a school or community trip to the Experience Center
Self-guided and guided Experience Center tours are available for school or community field trips. For more information, contact (810) 989-5789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SC4 and the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum celebrated the launch of the Experience Center with a Super Science Day field trip sneak preview of the new partnership. Students from the STEAM Academy at Woodrow Wilson attended and a video of their experience is below. (Please note that Super Science Day provided additional unique experiences and that the Experience Center will continue to evolve over time.)