- The Walking Track is to be used for walking, jogging, and running purposes only. Any other physical activities such as stretching, pushups, sit-ups, etc. shall be done off the walking track.
- No tobacco products allowed.
- Drinks (other than water in spill-proof bottles) and food are not allowed on SC4 Walking Track.
- Spitting is prohibited, including spitting into drinking fountains.
- Abusive or foul language is strictly prohibited and may result in immediate expulsion and loss of future use.
- The use of physical force towards another patron or employee will result in a minimum one year suspension or loss of all future use.
- Appropriate clothing, including shirt and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Non-marking shoes must be worn.
- No basketballs, baseballs, volleyballs, footballs, etc. are allowed on the walking track at any time.
- Personal music devices are allowed only when used with headphones.
- No bicycles, skateboards, or in-line skates allowed.
- SC4 is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All College campus policies, rules and procedures apply.
Q: What are the hours?
A: The hours are:
- Monday – 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday – 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday – 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays
- During SC4 Athletic Events and other Fieldhouse Commitments
- All days the SC4 Main Campus is closed
Q: How much does it cost to use the SC4 Walking Track?
A: Current SC4 students, SC4 faculty, SC4 staff and SC4 retired staff are able to use the SC4 Walking Track free of charge. The pricing chart below covers fees for all other users.
|Daily||Semester||Annual (Sept. – May)|
|SC4 Staff and Faculty||Free||Free||Free|
|SC4 Current Students||Free||Free||Free|
|SC4 Retired Staff and Faculty||Free||Free||Free|
|Seniors (60 and over)||$2.00||$40.00||$75.00|
Q: How can I purchase a membership or daily pass?
A: Memberships and daily passes can be purchased online via the The Pier, at the SC4 Walking Track Counter located inside the SC4 Fieldhouse, or in the SC4 Business Office located in Room 220, Main Building. For questions, contact the Business Office at (810) 989-5511.
Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: Payments can be made with cash, check, ACH from a valid checking account, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
Q: Will I be required to sign a Liability Waiver to use the SC4 Walking Track?
A: Yes, all users (both paid and free members) will be required to sign a liability waiver and agree to the SC4 Walking Track General Policies prior to completing their membership/daily pass purchase. View the SC4 Walking Track Liability Waiver.
Q: How/Where do I check in to use the SC4 Walking Track once I have signed up and/or purchased my membership/pass?
A: All users will be required to sign in at the SC4 Walking Track front counter located inside the SC4 Fieldhouse prior to each use of the track. SC4 Walking Track staff will maintain a roster of purchased memberships and passes. Photo ID will be required to confirm identity of members.
Q: Does my paid membership/daily pass to the SC4 Walking Track include use of the SC4 Fitness Center and basketball courts?
A: No, a general membership/daily pass does not include use of the SC4 Fitness Center or the basketball courts. The SC4 Fitness Center and courts are reserved for SC4 athletes, current SC4 students, staff and faculty.
Q: Will I be able to use a locker room to change and store my belongings?
A: Yes, locker rooms will be available for use. However, SC4 will not provide any locking devices to secure your belongings and is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property. Locks left overnight may be removed at the discretion of SC4 with no reimbursement for locks to users. Belongings left overnight may be removed and disposed of at the discretion of SC4. Items may be sent to the lost and found maintained by SC4 Campus Patrol.
Q: How long is one lap around the SC4 Walking Track?
A: 1/10th of a mile (10 laps = 1 mile).