Dr. Jeff Carpenter

Healing in his hometown

Starting at SC4 opened doors for chiropractor Dr. Jeff Carpenter

Dr. Jeff Carpenter
Dr. Jeff Carpenter

Like many students, Dr. Jeff Carpenter came to SC4 right out of high school trying to find career direction.

It helped that SC4 was close to his home and affordable.

He knew he was good at science classes, and a career in the health care field was likely. SC4 acted as a bridge between his high school education and his doctorate degree future.

“SC4 gave me a good start. I focused on anatomy and science classes, and it definitely prepared me for the courses that were ahead of me.”

Jeff earned his associate in science degree at SC4 in 1994 and went on to Life University in Marietta, Ga., where he earned his doctorate of chiropractic in 2000.

It was during his time at Life University that Jeff narrowed his focus and discovered his passion for natural healing techniques.

“I was looking to get into health care but I wanted to be independent. Chiropractic was able to allow me to do that,” he said. “I’m into nutrition and natural healing, and I’m better for it.”

It’s the variety of his job at Lakeview Chiropractic in Port Huron that continues to inspire Jeff. From newborns to adults, his patients all require different types of care.

“I change lives every day. A lot of people come to me as a last-ditch effort to fix something that has gone wrong,” he said.

Establishing his career in his hometown has enabled him to keep in touch with professors and friends from SC4. “It’s nice to talk to these people that affected my life, and tell them about it.”

Jeff encourages high schoolers to start at SC4 because it literally pays off.

“It’s more financially responsible to go to SC4 as opposed to a big college where tuition is higher. You want to avoid student loans at all costs,” he said.