Charitable Contributions Solicitation
The Board of Trustees of St. Clair County Community College, in order to protect its employees, students and operations, desires to limit the frequency of charitable solicitations on campus. The following criteria must be met before a charity may solicit on campus or for payroll deductions from contributing college personnel.
For payroll deduction, the charity shall meet each and all of the following criteria:
- Have a home office in St. Clair County which is open and operates at least 30 hours per week and whose employees are responsible for solicitations;
- Expend annually 80% of its receipts for uses and services within St. Clair County;
- May not exclude any resident of St. Clair County from its membership or potential benefit of service;
- Shall not permit commissions or fees paid to any person or group for doing solicitations;
- Prepare and file an application which shall state and affirm the compliance with the items set forth herein and agreeing to comply with such procedures. Application shall include a statement of the charitable purposes of the organization and a copy of the organization IRS qualification form.
- A minimum of 25 employees must be participants in a payroll deduction plan.
For charitable solicitation:
Charitable solicitations for organizations sponsored by the College, College clubs or College groups for civic purposes must be reviewed and receive prior approval by administration.
Approved by Board of Trustees – September 10, 1992
Revised: November 19, 2009