Gifts to the College
It shall be the policy of the Board of Trustees of St. Clair County Community College to encourage and accept gifts and contributions to the College that are of value to the instructional programs, services or operations of the institution.
The following guidelines will be adhered to in administering the policy on gifts:
- Non-cash donations must be of value to the instructional programs, services, or operation of the College. If deemed to be of little or no value, non-cash donations may be respectfully declined.
- Designated cash gifts will be used for the purposes intended consistent with local, state and federal statutes and consistent with Board policy and practices of the institution.
- Undesignated cash gifts of $500 or less will be placed in a fund to be used for student scholarships.
- Undesignated cash gifts of more than $500 will be used for specific purposes as recommended by the College administration and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- All gifts of $200 or more in value will be formally accepted and acknowledged by the Board of Trustees.
- All gifts to the College of less than $200 will be formally acknowledged in writing by the President of the College.
Approved by Board of Trustees – June 9, 1983
Revised: April 15, 2010