Get personalized support to help you succeed in college with SC4’s TRIO program. The goal of TRIO is to help students graduate with either an associate degree or certificate and then transfer to a four-year college or university.
You qualify for TRIO if you are a first-generation college student (neither of your parents graduated from a four-year college) or you are eligible for federal funding such as a Pell Grant.
Program benefits include:
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Help applying for financial aid
- Help with career planning
- Individualized tutoring
- One-on-one mentoring
- Personalized academic advising
- Priority registration for SC4 classes
- Specialized workshops
- Transfer planning, including visits to selected college/universities
- Meet regularly with the TRIO staff
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average
- Maintain a 67% course completion ratio
- Complete a financial literacy module each academic year
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year
- Register for and Pass SD 140 (College Success-TRIO only section)
What can TRIO do for you? Watch this video to get a glimpse.
You can apply online or stop in the TRIO office to apply. For more information you can call (810) 989-5801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Print an application: Apply here
Room B100, College Center
Current TRIO students
TRIO students have their dedicated tutors and advisors. If you are a current TRIO student and wish to schedule an appointment use the button below.