Earn money, focus on your studies and build your resume through the SC4 Work-Study Program.
What is it?
- Work-Study provides part-time jobs for SC4 students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.
- Beginning in the fall 2021 semester, work-study students will earn $12 per hour.
- Eligible students are hired to work part-time either on campus or off campus for organizations in the community, often conducting work directly related to their course of study.
- Work shifts are planned around class schedules.
Who is eligible?
- To be eligible, students must answer “Yes” to the “Are you interested in work-study?” question on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Work-study students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and be enrolled in at least six credit hours.
- Eligible students must remain in good standing with the SC4 Financial Aid Office.
Where can I work?
- On campus: Work in various college departments with a variety of responsibilities. To browse available positions, visit SC4 Career Coach and select “Work-Study.”
- Off-campus: Work in a local nonprofit organization or elementary school as a reading or math tutor. Contact Financial Aid Officer Kimberly Foxwell at 810-989-5834 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about off-campus opportunities.
How do I apply?
- Indicate on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) that you are interested in student employment.
- Students who qualify for the Federal Work Study Program will interview directly with college departments or nonprofit organizations and schools.
- Contact Financial Aid Officer Kimberly Foxwell at 810-989-5834 or email@example.com.