Congratulations to the winners of The 328 – An SC4 Writing Award
First Place ($100)
“Unseen Story” by Jillian Rusch (Fort Gratiot Township)
Second Place ($50)
“Fight against the Expectations of Conformity” by Paige Walkowski (Port Huron)
Third Place ($25)
“Seeing a Military Change” by Kristin Rivard (Chesterfield Township)
“That Memorable Day” by Austin Reno (Goodells)
All winners (including Honorable Mention) also will receive a certificate of recognition.
About the Award
The 328 recognizes excellence in writing in English 050 and English 075. Students may submit an academic essay or other scholarly composition written in response to a course assignment.
For more information, contact your instructor or email Susan Plachta at email@example.com.
- Students must be currently enrolled in English 050 or English 075 during the Fall semester.
- Only essays or other scholarly compositions created in response to an assignment in the English course in which the student is enrolled will be accepted. (Fiction and poetry are not accepted.)
- Students may submit only one entry per semester. (Simultaneous submissions to Patterns are permitted.)
- Submissions that include research must be cited in proper MLA or APA format.
- Double-space entries and use standard margins and font.
- Only electronic submissions are accepted. (Attach in .rtf format.)
- Save file in the following format: writer’s last name and course (Example: SmithEng050.rtf)
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must include mailing address and student number.
- Select SC4 Humanities Division faculty will judge entries.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Submission of entry grants SC4 permission to publish the paper/composition online or in campus publications and to correct minor grammar and/or mechanical errors.
- Final day of fall semester at 11 p.m.
(Submissions received after this date/time will not be accepted.)
- Winners will be notified via email no later than Feb. 1.