About the SC4 Testing Center
Changes to the testing and placement process for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021
For the Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 semesters, students may choose to do Guided Self-Placement to determine their first English and mathematics courses. Click the buttons below to go to pages that explain that process:
You may choose to schedule an appointment to take the Accuplacer math exam and/or the WritePlacer composition exam by calling the SC4 Testing Center at 810-989-5555.
Some of the information on this page will not apply to you due to these changes.
The SC4 Testing Center offers a wide range of testing and placement services for students and the community, including providing testing for new students to assist with placing them into their first English and mathematics courses.
The Testing Center is located on the second floor of the SC4 Welcome Center, which is at the corner of Erie and Glenwood Streets in Port Huron. Park in the northeast corner of the main campus parking lot.
Normal hours of operation
Note: The Testing Center may have special hours on holidays. Please to confirm the hours on or near holidays.
All testing is done by appointment; no “walk-in” tests are done.
- Monday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. *
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. *
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
* The Testing Center is available as late as 8 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment only. If there are no testers scheduled, the Testing Center may close earlier than 8 p.m.
Please allow the necessary time to complete your test. In other words, if your test will take two hours to complete, you should schedule your test to begin at least two hours before the Testing Center closes.
Faculty may arrange other testing days and times with the Testing Center by calling 810-989-5555. Please allow adequate time for staff coverage.
Testing Center Rules
In order to ensure that all tests are taken fairly, the following items may not be taken into the Testing Center:
- Cell phones
- Electronic devices, including:
- All watches and fitness bands
- Calculators (unless specifically allowed on a test or exam)
- Backpacks, book bags, purses, or other bags or containers
- Coats of any kind
- Scarves, gloves, or mittens
- Hats or other headgear
- Shirts or sweatshirts with deep pockets or hoods
Also, food is not allowed in the Testing Center.
Due to requirements from some of our testing providers, you may be asked to turn your pockets inside out to show that nothing is contained in them. Testing Center staff will not touch or “frisk” test takers during the check-in process.
Only approved testing materials are allowed in the Testing Center.
Exceptions may be made for documented accommodations needs or religious reasons. Please discuss any needed exceptions with the Testing Center staff in advance of your test by calling 810-989-5555. Last-minute accommodations may not be possible.