Setting up your SC4 email
Email is an important communication channel at SC4 and you are highly encouraged to utilize your SC4 email account.
- From the Portal home page, click the button labeled “College email.”
- You will be redirected to the Office 365 login page, where you can enter your SC4 email address and password.
- Initial passwords for newly created email accounts will be the last six digits of your social security number.
- When logging in for the first time, you will be redirected to the password reset web page to change your password.
- Once the password has been changed, you can log in to the SC4 Portal and access email by clicking on the “College email” button in the top right of your Portal home page.
Students can forward their SC4 email to other accounts such as Gmail or Yahoo! email services. To do this:
- Log into your SC4 student email account.
- Click “Options” (on the top left).
- Click “Mail” under “Your app settings” (on the bottom right).
- Click “Forwarding” (on the left side).
- Click “Start forwarding,” and enter the email address that all mail should be forwarded to.
Note: Students should add their SC4 student email address to the address book of their personal email account. This is to help ensure the two accounts work with each other. St. Clair County Community College does not guarantee the delivery of email forwarded to personal accounts, because of spam filters and other technical issues. The best way to ensure you are getting your email is to check your student email account.