St. Clair County Community College (SC4) is offering a Virtual Job Fair. It will allow employers to connect with job seekers who are actively seeking work in our area. This fair is in partnership with the Economic Development Alliance (EDA) of St. Clair County, City of Port Huron/McMorran, Macomb/St. Clair Michigan Works! and the Blue Water Area Chamber of Commerce.
Job seekers will be able to select 15-minute slots with employers of interest. We hope to offer this type of virtual job fair a few times this year. It is set up as a three-week process.
- Week 1 (July 29 to Aug. 7) – Employers enter their company information, contact information and available job openings.
- Week 2 (Aug. 10 to 14) – Job Seekers review the list of job openings; selects day/time and enters their contact information.
- Week 3 (Tuesday, Aug. 18, and Thursday, Aug. 20, from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m.) – Event is held on Tuesday and Thursday.
- On Monday and Wednesday of week 3, SC4 will send companies the scheduled list of job seekers and contact information for the following day.
For further detail on how to register, click on the appropriate tab below.
Signing up your company or organization
This virtual event will be held Tuesday, Aug. 18, and Thursday, Aug. 20. Employers can sign up for as many time blocks as they like; each block includes 15-minute time slots to discuss job opportunities with candidates.
Employers will have from Wednesday, July 29, until Friday, August 7, to add company information and open job positions. (see form below)
SC4 will handle the registration details and schedule. Prior to the event, companies will receive a final list with a schedule of interview candidates and their contact information. Companies will call candidates at the scheduled times to discuss job opportunities.
In order to participate in the hiring event, here are some guidelines:
- The employer agrees to contact each candidate scheduled for a session using the phone number provided.
- Employer must have a SC4 Career Coach account and have the positions posted on our website. If you need assistance with this, please contact Debbie Sta Cruz.
- Employer confirms the positions listed for are actual/real positions that might be available in the future.
- Employer agrees to refrain from asking questions deemed unlawful by the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission. Please refer to www.eeoc.gov for additional information.
We plan to have another virtual job fair on Tuesday, Sept. 22, and Thursday, Sept. 24. If you would like to be put on an interest list, please email Debbie Sta Cruz.
Thank you for your support!
Stay Home, Stay Safe, Get Hired!!
St. Clair County Community College (SC4) is hosting a Virtual Job Fair 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 18, and Thursday, Aug. 20.
Many employers are seeing an increased and urgent need for employees. The following employers are hiring now! The SC4 virtual job fair gives you the opportunity to speak directly to them about your skills and qualifications and hear more about their open positions.
How to Register – How to Prepare
Registration begins 8 a.m. Monday, Aug. 10, and ends 4:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14.
To schedule a 15-minute phone call with an employer (you can schedule phone calls with as many employers as you like – just make sure you don’t overlap appointment times):
- View the list of employers/companies on this page, see below and select “Schedule a call.”
- Select the employer’s name and scroll down to:
- Choose the date either Aug. 18 or Aug. 20.
- Select an available 15-minute time slot.
- Fill out your name and contact information.
The employer will contact you by phone at the scheduled time to discuss job opportunities.
- You only need to choose one time slot per employer, even if you’re interested in more than one position.
- Registering with multiple employers? Please make sure you keep track of your appointment times!
- You will receive a confirmation email for your appointments.
For a full range of employment services, including resume building, career assessment, and more, please visit the SC4 Career Coach.