Our world has changed this year because of the global coronavirus pandemic. That’s made it hard to many students to decide what to do this fall. We understand that, and we’re here for you.
SC4 has classes this winter and will offer them this summer… both online and on-campus. Classes that can’t be taught remotely, including health sciences, engineering technology, graphic design, art and some other lab classes, will meet on campus.
We follow the requirements and guidelines of the St. Clair County Health Department and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Things do look a bit different on campus:
- Masks or other face coverings are required while in any campus building.
- A screening process is in place to check for COVID-19 symptoms. This includes a pre-screening website that every campus employee, student, or visitor must complete each day before they come to campus.
- If your class is on campus, please plan to attend your class or classes and return home. There are very few activities or gatherings on campus in order to comply with the need to have social distancing.
How do I get started (or keep going)?
If you’re already an SC4 student, you can go to your student Portal and online Student Planner to search for and register for classes. If you’re not a student yet, get started by completing our online student application. And if you’re currently a student at another college or university, but are considering attending SC4 this year due to concerns about being away from home, you can complete our college guest application to get started.
You can get help from an Admissions Representative, Academic Advisor, Financial Aid Officer, or other Student Services staff by getting in touch with them using the methods shown below. They’re available both virtually (via phone, email, or Microsoft Teams video meetings) or with limited hours in-person at the SC4 Welcome Center (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- Admissions questions: Fill out our Request for Information form or call (810) 989-5571.
- Academic Advising: Visit the Advising page for details on how to set up a virtual appointment with an advisor.
- Financial Aid: Visit the Financial Aid page for more information on applying for aid and completing the process.
- Other questions: Ask your question using the Request for Information form and we’ll respond to you with an answer!