Set yourself up for success
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career? SC4’s accounting program features small class sizes and personalized attention, combining in-depth study of accounting principles with hands-on application. In just two years, you’ll learn how to analyze and interpret financial data, assist in the budgeting process, perform managerial accounting functions, apply payroll laws and regulations to various scenarios, and more.
Be prepared for these careers
- Receivables, payables, collections clerks
- Payroll Accountants
- Budget specialists
- Financial Accountants
Understand your earning potential
Employees with these skills are needed across all businesses and all industries. The average median salary in our region for entry level accounts payable/receivable clerks, general ledger accountants, payroll processing clerks and bookkeepers is $38,937 per year, with highly experienced workers earning up to $56,521. (Source: EMSI)
Of course, those transferring on to take their education even further can earn more as financial or managerial accountants and leaders. Within a 100-mile radius of Port Huron:
- There are approximately 2,200 annual job openings for all levels of accountants due to growth and turnover in this career.
- Over the last year, 1,000 companies have posted 8,478 jobs for accountants at all levels.
Visit Career Coach to learn more about potential earnings in a range of accountant-based fields.
Cost and aid
- Visit our tuition and fees page and our Financial Aid Office to learn more about cost of attendance and the many ways SC4 supports and assists our students.
Courses needed for this program
- Use our college Catalog to view courses you’ll need to take for this program. On that page, you may also select other available catalog years from the drop-down menu located in the upper right.
Courses currently available
- Search for courses now to view current available course sections offered for this program in the current and upcoming semester. With on-campus and online options, you’re sure to find options that fit your needs.
- SC4 is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Contact SC4 admissions with questions at 810-989-5571 or email@example.com.
Starting at SC4 is a smart move. Not only will you save thousands of dollars, but you’ll also gain a clear advantage should you decide to enter a bachelor’s program or take your education even further after earning your associate degree from SC4. Our transfer credit program partners with Walsh College and Siena Heights University, allowing you to complete your bachelor’s degree in one to two years with many courses conveniently offered online or on our campus.
Contact accounting faculty members to learn more:
- Get a better job, enjoy higher job satisfaction.
- Make lifelong friends and build networks.
- Gain confidence and become independent.
- Make more money and achieve financial security.
- Improve your health and lifestyle choices.
- Complete a degree or earn transferable credits at nearly a third of the cost.
- Earn your associate degree and start your career in just two years.
- Benefit from smaller class sizes and more one-on-one instruction. Our student to faculty ratio of 19 to 1 provides students with more personalized attention.
- Explore interests in courses that cost less.
- Study on your schedule — flexible courses in the evenings and online.
- Port Huron is a vibrant city, and our 29-acre campus is in the heart of the downtown action. Explore a unique community right on a busy international border, steps away from the St. Clair River and beautiful shores of Lake Huron.
Take advantage and get involved
- Dedicated advisors and student support services.
- Brand-new campus housing right downtown.
- 11 athletics teams with tailgates and games.
- A variety of arts and cultural events.
- Full fitness center — free for students.
- Student clubs and activities.
What are you waiting for?
- Complete an admission application online at sc4.edu/apply.
- Submit your official transcripts from any institutions you’ve attended.
- Apply for Financial Aid (optional)
- Take assessment tests.
- Meet with an SC4 advisor by calling 810-989-5520.
- Register and pay for classes.
“Once I got into class they were really big on telling us real-life stories about what they had done in the field. That’s what made me really interested in accounting, when she made it real for us.”Shelby Metheny, Accounting Specialist at ZF Friedrichshafen