SC4’s student residence hall is just steps away from classes and campus life in downtown Port Huron. Referred to as The Dock, housing units are fully-furnished and provide up to 80 students with easy access to the area’s great dining and entertainment options, recreation and outdoor activities, and potential employment opportunities with local businesses.
Additionally, all students living in housing pay in-district tuition rates. International students do not receive in-district tuition rates
Primarily double occupancy rooms (Two to a room) – singles and triples offered at limited availability. All rooms complete with:
- Double-occupancy rooms (2 residents per suite) complete with:
- XL twin-sized beds (extended length 80 inch length)
- Private bathroom
- High-speed Wi-Fi Internet
- Heating and air conditioning
- Communal kitchen
- Student lounge
- Laundry facilities
- Students must meet ongoing academic and enrollment requirements to live in college housing. Housing residents must have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00 and be enrolled in 12 or more credits/contact hours in the fall and winter semesters.
- College housing is a substance-free living environment. Residents agree to abstain from the use of alcohol and other drugs regardless of age.
- St. Clair County Community College is a smoke-free campus, which includes the residence hall.
Rates and billing
Double occupancy rates for the following 2019-20 academic year:
Single occupancy – $7,875
(limited spaces available*)
Fall 2019: $750 due Aug. 5, $3,187.50 due Aug. 19.
Winter 2020: $750 due Jan. 6, $3,187.50 due Jan 13.
Double occupancy (standard) – $5,250
Fall 2019: $750 due Aug. 5, $1,875 due Aug. 19.
Winter 2020: $750 due Jan. 6, $1,875 due Jan. 13.
Triple occupancy – $4,600
(limited spaces available*)
Fall 2019: $750 due Aug. 5, $1,550 due Aug. 19.
Winter 2020: $750 due Jan. 6, $1,550 due Jan 13.
Note: All rooms are suite-style rooms. Each roommate shares a room and private bathroom with all other roommates.
*contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries
Pricing includes all utilities, high-speed Wi-Fi internet and parking.
Pricing does not include the optional Elevate Meal Plan.
Out-of-district students living in College Housing pay in-district tuition rates.
Please pay via one of the following methods:
Business Office – Main Building 220
Cash, check, money order, credit card (Visa, Discover, MasterCard)
Business Office Address:
Business Office – MB 220
323 Erie St.
PO Box 5015
Port Huron, MI 48061-5015
Check or money order
Please make checks payable to St. Clair County Community College.
Business Office Number: 810-989-5513
Credit card (Visa, Discover, MasterCard)
Nelnet Payment Plan
Most forms of financial aid can assist with the cost of housing, just like normal tuition. Understand however, that by living on campus, financial aid packages may adjust higher or lower, depending on the original financial aid award . For more information regarding financial aid, please refer to the Financial Aid Office.
Financial Aid Office
Welcome Center 105
Full payments can be broken down over time by using the budget plans provided by Nelnet. For more information regarding the Nelnet Campus Commerce Payment Plan, please refer to Nelnet or the Business Office.
Main Building 220
How to apply
2019-20 academic year
The application process is as follows.
- Review the Housing Resident Agreement
- Submit the Student Housing Application
- We will process the application.
- If approved, we will send back a housing contract offer via the resident’s email.
The college will continually send out housing contract offers through summer until all vacancies are filled. Housing contract offers are sent on a first-come, first-serve, eligible basis.
Also, don’t forget to check out SC4’s student meal plan with Elevate, which offers affordable and convenient pre-set meal combos from surrounding restaurant partners in downtown Port Huron.
Elevate meal plan
SC4 offers students and community members a meal plan by Elevate, which offers affordable and convenient pre-set meal combos from surrounding restaurant partners in downtown Port Huron.
Elevate offers various meal packages, starting at $8.27 per meal, that can be ordered on-the-go and picked up at a participating restaurants.
What makes this plan unique?
- SC4 is one of just nine communities offering Elevate. Others include communities surrounding Cornell, the University of Michigan, Florida State University and the University of Virginia.
- We’re the first and only community college to offer this to our students and community.
- Community colleges offering a meal plan is uncommon. A handful of Michigan’s community colleges offer student housing and few of those offer meal plan options.
- It’s a great complement to on-campus meal choices, offering an excellent variety of food options.
- The partnership will offer students, employees and residents selections at a wide array of downtown establishments.
How does an Elevate Meal Plan help you?
- Select from unique meal combo options from nearby Port Huron restaurants.
- Order on the go.
- Pick up with no wait.
- Save money.
- Chef Shell’s
- Raven Café
- Kate’s Downtown
- Sperry’s Moviehouse
- Lynch’s Irish Tavern
- Sail in Café and Convenience Store
- SC4 Bistro Café
- Moe’s Corner Deli
- More to come!
For customer support, please email Elevate at email@example.com
- Purchasing an Elevate Meal Plan is optional.
- Elevate costs are independent from college costs.
- Financial aid, scholarships, grants, etc. do not cover Elevate Meal Plan costs.
Frequently asked questions
Have questions? Contact us: