Earning a college degree is no small feat. But applying to college should be the easy part. Helping you through the application process is a key objective of our admissions office. Our dedicated team provides you and your family with all the advice and resources to make your decision to attend college as easy as possible. Once you enroll, you will have access to an academic advisor throughout your educational experience.

Here are 10 reasons to attend SC4:

  • Affordability
  • Academic flexibility
  • Financial aid options
  • School-life balance
  • STEM education and opportunities
  • Transfer agreements
  • Elements of traditional college
  • Personalized attention
  • Professional certificates
  • Online class options

Beginning your college career at SC4 requires a few steps, but we’re here to help you get through all of them!

Frequently asked questions about going to college

Why go to college?

It’s fairly simple: the more you learn, the more you earn. Generally speaking, people with a college degree earn more over their lifetime than those without one. Even without a degree, the knowledge and skills you get in your college classes can give you a competitive edge when applying for a job, starting a business, or changing careers.

I’m not sure what I want to study. Can you help?

Yes. Click or tap on the “Request information” button below. Complete the short form and one of our advisors will contact you.

How long will the application process take?

It takes just a few minutes to finish the online application. After completing it, you’ll get your welcome letter and registration instructions in the mail in a few days.

How much does it cost to go to SC4?

Tuition at SC4 is about a quarter to a third of the cost of most four-year institutions.

Is there financial help available?

Absolutely! Around sixty percent of SC4 students receive some form of financial aid.

What if I have trouble in a class? Or if I have special needs? Is there help available for me?

There sure is. We have one-on-one tutoring, accommodations for students with physical and learning challenges, a Math Center and a Writing Center, our TRiO Program, and much more. Learn more about the Achievement Center.

Can I start at SC4 and then transfer to a four-year college or university?

Yes! Many SC4 students plan to get started here, completing their Michigan Transfer Agreement general education requirements or a two-year associate’s degree, and then move on to complete a bachelor’s degree elsewhere. Let us show you how.

I’m still in high school. Is it possible to start taking college classes before I graduate?

It sure is. We have many high school students who also take college classes. Find out more about starting college as a high school student.

When do semesters begin and end at SC4? Are there breaks?

Take a look at our current Academic Calendar for all the details.

My parents have questions about college in general, and SC4 in particular.

We’d like to answer them!

Can I visit your campus?

We’d love to meet with you! Schedule a tour.

OK, I’m ready. How do I get started?

By clicking here.

Still have questions? Contact us!

SC4’s in-district tuition and fees are about one-third of the average cost at one of Michigan’s four-year public universities. Additionally, SC4 students may also benefit from financial aid packages, scholarships, grants and loans.

People often need financial help to make higher education possible, and here at SC4, we think anyone who desires a college education and is capable of doing the work should be able to attend school. In fact, more than half of our students receive financial aid every year, equaling more than $10 million.

At SC4, we want everyone to succeed, and the Achievement Center is here to support your path to academic excellence from day one.

Transferring to or from SC4 is a smart move – one that could save you thousands of dollars in tuition and fees. Whether you stay at SC4 for one, two or three years before transferring, or come to SC4 to finish your degree, SC4 credits are accepted at many institutions. Plus, as a transfer student, you’ll be more prepared to succeed.

By 2020, more than half of all jobs in the United States will require some form of higher education. SC4 is the best way for your student to begin working toward their career goals.

SC4 accepts high school students in several programs, as high school guests, Blue Water Middle College Academy, Blue Water Technical Middle College and Croswell-Lexington Early College.

SC4 values the role that the high school counselors in our area play as their students make decisions about their post-secondary education. Our goal is to be as helpful to you and your students as possible.

This calendar is divided into semesters and includes all important academic dates and deadlines. If you’re looking for an entertainment, check out the college events calendar.