Application form for the Literary Participation
Deadline: 4 p.m., Nov. 19, 2021
Visual Art Awards
First place: $100
Second place: $75
Third place: $50
Patrick Bourke Award: $100
Eleanor Mathews Award: $100
Blanche Redman Award: $50
Richard Colwell Award: $50
Kathleen Nickerson Award: $50
Patterns magazine of student literature and art has been published annually since 1959. Any student currently enrolled at St. Clair County Community College is eligible to submit work for consideration. Entries will be judged, and those selected will be included in the Patterns Magazine.
If you are submitting multiple entries, please refresh this form page and submit a new form for each entry.
- Any enrolled student at SC4 in this calendar year (i.e. winter, summer and/or fall) is eligible to submit work for consideration. Winners will be notified by mail and will be honored at a reception in the spring.
- Your name should be on the entry form, but NOT on your manuscript. Double-check headers.
- All manuscripts should be typed and double spaced in a Microsoft Office Word file.
- Poems of any length and form will be accepted. No more than 10 poems per student may be submitted.
- Short stories should not exceed 15 pages.
- Essays are nonfiction prose pieces. All fiction must be submitted in the short story category. Essays may be either nonfiction creative “personal essays” or academic essays such as those assigned as part of a college class. Essays should not exceed 10 pages.
- Proofread your work carefully.