High School Students
Students applying for the first time:
- Learn more about high school guest or dual enrollment – A quick reference guide with background information on high school guest students, along with contacts at SC4 to get your questions answered, is also linked below.
- Apply to SC4 – Fill out an application today!
- Complete an Authorization Form – The authorization form for High School Guest and Dual Enrollment students must be submitted to the high school or early/middle college counselor or administrator. If the student, parent, or guardian is assuming responsibility for payment and no high school credit will be awarded, please complete the form and submit it directly to SC4.
- Academic Assessments – To place into your first English writing and mathematics classes at SC4 you will need to submit SAT or ACT or take the Accuplacer placement exam in the SC4 Testing Center. Please use this link to schedule the Accuplacer Assessment exam. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact the Testing Center at (810) 989-5555.
- Academic Advising – If you need help selecting courses we encourage you to reference our Academic Advising page and/or to make an appointment with an Academic Advisor if you need assistance.
- Activate your SC4 Portal – The SC4 Portal is a critical piece of your college experience. From within your portal, you can check your student email, register for classes, and more. Your SC4 acceptance letter provides you with username and password detail; use this information to activate your portal account. Contact the One-stop Student Service Center at (810) 989-5500 with questions.
- Register and Pay for Classes – You may register for your approved class once the application and authorization form have been processed. Please be sure to know the cost of the course and the schools cap limit to determine if you will owe a balance. If a balance is owed, please pay that balance to ensure your account remains in good standing and is not disrupted. You can pay via your Portal, or for more options call our Business Office at (810) 989-5513.
- Get photo taken for Skippers OneCard – Visit second floor, SC4 Welcome Center, to get your student ID photo taken. You must provide photo ID to verify identity.
- Buy textbooks – Required books and materials can be found in the course description. To purchase books at the SC4 Bookstore or to order online, and for store hours, please visit sc4bookstore.com or call (810) 989-5725.