SC4’s Testing Center offers a wide range of testing services for students and the community.
The Testing Center is located on the second floor of the SC4 Welcome Center, which is at the corner of Erie and Glenwood Streets in Port Huron. Park in the northeast corner of the main campus parking lot.
Hours of operation
Winter Semester 2019
The following hours are effective through May 24, 2019.
NOTE: The Testing Center may have special hours on holidays. Please call the Center at 810-989-5555 to confirm hours on or near holidays.
- Monday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. *
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. *
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hours in May 28 to June 28
- Monday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. *
- Tuesday: 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. *
- Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
Testing center is closed May 27, May 31, June 7, June 14, June 21, June 28 and July 4.
* The Testing Center is available as late as 8 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays by appointment only. If there are no testers scheduled, the Testing Center may close earlier than 8 p.m. All testing is done by appointment; no “walk-in” tests are done.
Please allow the necessary time to complete your test. In other words, if your test will take two hours to complete, you should schedule your test to begin at least two hours before the Testing Center closes.
Faculty may arrange other testing days and times with the Testing Center by calling 810-989-5555. Please allow adequate time for staff coverage.
Testing Center Rules
In order to ensure that all tests are taken fairly, the following items may not be taken into the Testing Center:
- Cell phones
- Electronic devices, including:
- Watches and fitness bands
- Calculators (unless specifically allowed on a test or exam)
- Backpacks, book bags, purses, or other bags or containers
- Coats of any kind
- Scarves, gloves, or mittens
- Hats or other headgear
- Shirts or sweatshirts with deep pockets or hoods
Also, food is not allowed in the Testing Center.
Due to requirements from some of our testing providers, you may be asked to turn your pockets inside out to show that nothing is contained in them. Testing Center staff will nottouch or “frisk” test takers during the check-in process.
Only approved testing materials are allowed in the Testing Center.
Exceptions may be made for documented accommodations needs or religious reasons. Please discuss any needed exceptions with the Testing Center staff in advance of your test by calling 810-989-5555. Last-minute accommodations may not be possible.