SC4 advisors are here to assist you as you pursue your academic goals. They are informed, compassionate and dedicated to your success.
New and transfer students
Whether you are brand new to college or transferring in from another school, you are required to meet with an advisor for a one-hour appointment. During this appointment, you will plan classes for the first semester and learn about degree requirements. (The advising requirement is waived if you have a college degree or are taking classes for personal enrichment).
If you are a current SC4 student, you can discuss class schedules and make sure you are on track to earn your degree. These appointments last 30 minutes.
Transferring after SC4
Advisors are available to assist with the transfer process and help make your transfer as smooth as possible. Transfer planning appointments last one hour.
Former SC4 students
Are you returning to SC4 after a break? Advisors can help you get back on track toward a degree with a one-hour appointment.
Make an appointment
If you have your SC4 student number, you can schedule your appointment online. You can also call 810-989-5520 to schedule an appointment.
Current students can also contact their advisor via the Student Planning button of the Service Center.
Tips for making the most of advising appointments
- Schedule academic advising appointments regularly. Make sure to arrive on time and reschedule if you are unable to attend.
- Come to your advising appointment prepared with questions and topics for discussion.
- Prepare to discuss issues that may affect your educational goals and academic plans.
- Maintain a file with relevant academic materials and bring it to each advising appointment.
- Become knowledgeable of campus policies, procedures and resources.
Contact information and hours
SC4 Welcome Center
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday