Transitioning from high school to college classes can be challenging, but the benefits of a college education will last a lifetime. Please take the time to read through the below tips on college readiness, how to connect with SC4 experts, registration information and more.
What does it take to succeed in college? Advice from previous dual-enrolled students:
- Hard work
- Ability to focus and manage time
- Take notes
- Be organized
- Be prepared
- Turn in work
- Good attitude
- Prioritize college
- Ask questions
- Satisfy deadlines
- Familiarize yourself with campus resources
As a college student, you are in charge of your future. Make a commitment to your own success by doing the following:
- Be aware
- Be advised
- Build relationships
- Get involved
- Own it
For advising, registering, tutoring, transfer, and many other resources, please visit Advising.
The SC4 Portal provides you with campus announcements and links to important resources like email, Canvas, the bookstore, class cancellations, links to the SC4 Library, advising and more.
To access the Portal: Go to sc4.edu/portal. You will need your SC4 acceptance letter and Social Security Number if you provided it on your application.
Canvas is SC4’s online classroom.
To set up Canvas: Visit sc4.edu/online-classes for information on how to set up Canvas. Please note: You won’t see your online class appear in the online classroom until the first day of class.
Email is an important communication channel at SC4.
To access: Go to sc4.edu/portal and click on the “College email” button on right. Your student email is your Portal username + @student.sc4.edu. The password is the same that you use for Portal. More information is available via the “Microsoft Office 365” button on the Portal. For information on forwarding your email, visit sc4.edu/forwarding-email.
Sign up for text alerts to receive urgent notifications on weather closings, power outages, campus safety issues or other closure information.
To sign up: Go to sc4.edu/alerts.
Email email@example.com or call (810) 989-5858 for student technology assistance.
Registering for classes
Learn how to register for classes at SC4.
Transferring to or from SC4 is a smart move – one that could save you thousands of dollars in tuition and fees. Whether you enroll at SC4 for one, two or three semesters before transferring, or enroll at SC4 to finish your degree, SC4 credits are accepted at many institutions. Plus, as a transfer student, you’ll be more prepared to succeed.
For more information, visit sc4.edu/transfer.
We’re here to help you successfully navigate your college career. We’re available anytime for questions, but we strongly encourage all dual-enrolled students to do the following:
- Check your SC4 email regularly and check voicemails.
- Pay attention to deadlines. Our semester start and end dates do not always line up with your high school. Spring break and other days off may be different. Know our dates by checking the Academic Calendar on sc4.edu.
- Log in to your class. Failure to log in to your class will result in notification to your counselor and could result in missed course work. Know the start date and set a reminder!
- Follow your course syllabus. Know who to contact if you have questions.
- Maintain satisfactory academic status of 2.0 or higher. Most courses only transfer if the grade earned is ‘C’ or better.
- Seek out information. We have the tools to ensure your success.
Tutoring: (810) 989-5759 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing Center: (810) 989-5806 or email@example.com
Math Center: (810) 989-5701
Academic Advising: (810) 989-5520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions: (810) 989-5571 or email@example.com
Employment Services: (810) 989-5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Library: esearch.sc4.edu/library