American Rescue Plan (ARP)
St. Clair County Community College acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
The total amount of funds that the institution will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the ARP (a)(1) program is $3,380,531.
The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the ARP (a)(1) program is $19,250 as of June 30, 2021.
The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the ARP program is 1692. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the ARP (a)(1) program is 20 as of June 30, 2021.
|Reporting date||Total amount distributed|
through report date –
2020-21 academic year
|June 30, 2021||$19,250||$19,250|
The method used by St. Clair County Community College to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under ARP (a)(1):
- Students are directed to apply for Emergency Funds on the College website at sc4.edu/CARES.
- Students use the application to specify the categories of need and related extra expenses they have incurred due to the Coronavirus Pandemic disruption to their education.
- The college reviews applications to determine if the student meets eligibility requirements per the Department of Education guidelines.
- If a student meets eligibility criteria, their award amount is determined on an individual basis considering need categories and amounts requested.
- Student awards may not exceed the maximum Pell grant amount for 2019-2020.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements are notified of their award amounts.
- Students who do not meet eligibility requirements are notified that they do not qualify for an award.
- Student awards are processed and sent to students using the same college refunding methods as Title IV refunds.
Students are notified by their SC4 student email of their CARES Act awards and are able to view details on the SC4 Portal.
Contact the SC4 Financial Aid Office for more information and questions.